Friday, October 21, 2011

Week One

Here we go, you guys will have to tell me what you think........

Breakfast
Cereal                       I pay about $1.50(or less) per box we use about one box with all of us eating, plus                                            about half a gallon of milk a day $1.50 ( I got them for $2.99)      

Pancakes                  This week these are frozen ones ($4- $1 coupon $3 for bag enough for 3 days= $1)


Eggs/Toast                $1/dozen Half Loaf of bread ($1.50/2 = $.75)


Waffles                      $1 a box for Eggos (we use 3/4)


Cereal                       $1.50

Toaster Struddel        $1 a box (a while ago) 


French Toast             Half of Loaf ($.75) eggs ($.50)


Total for Breakfast = $19.47 (over estimate since we will not drink a full 3 and half gallons of milk)

Lunch
Sunday we just do one afternoon meal
Garlic Noodles/Chicken Fries     Pastaroni $.75 Chicken (13.99/5 lunches = $2.80)


PB&J/Yogurt                            1/3 Loaf of bread ($.50) Peanut Butter ($.30 esimate)              
                                                 Jelly free (my mom makes it) Yogurt ($2.40/16= $.15 each so $.45)
                              
Spaghetti-os                              2 cans ($.50 each)


Ham/Cheese Sandwiches           1/3 Loaf of bread ($.50) Ham ($1) Cheese ($.25)


Grilled Cheese/Applesauce          1/3 Loaf of bread ($.50) Cheese ($.25) Applesauce ($1)


Sat. we will be out to eat

Total for Lunch =  $9.30 (plus boys school lunches $17 I know crazy way too much, but morning I like the help) = $26.30
Dinner 
Roast                                                Roast ($5) Potatoes ($2.50/2 = $1.25) Onions ($.50)

Bbq cups/ corn                                  Pound Hamburger ($2.00) BBq sauce ($.50) 2 cans corn ($.66)

tacquitos with chip and cheese          1Can Chicken ($2) Cheese ($1) Cream Cheese ($1) Green Onions
                                                        ($1) Cilantro ($.25) Green Salsa (1/2 of it so $1) Shells ($1) Chips
                                                        and cheese are leftovers


Taco Soup                                        Pound Hamburger ($2) Seasoning($.50) Tomatoes($.40) Tomato
                                                        Sauce (2 cans $.80) Kidney Beans ($.40) Toppings (left overs from 
                                                        other nights


Hot Dogs with Potatoes and Onions  1 pkg ($1) Buns($1) Potatoes ($1.25) Onions ($.50)


Out for Brock's slumber party

Pizza Pull Aparts                               1 can biscuits ($1- $.15= $.85) Chesse ($.50) Pepperoni ($1) 
                                                        Seasoning/Parm Cheese ($1) Sauce ($1)


Total = $29.36 (We will be eating out for Brock's party but it is in the party budget since that is what he wanted to do so I am not including it)

Total for all meals is $ 75.13 now we will add snacks though


Snacks
Now these are just kind of available to my kids and I average it out over a week

2 packs pudding ($1 each)
box of gogurt $2.49
2 boxes granola bars ($2 each)
1 box fruit snacks ($1)
Crackers and cheese ($1)
and an ice cream after school everyday :) ($6)

plus we make a few desserts/special snacks
cookies ($4)
brownies ($1.50)
homemade kettle corn($.50)
plus we will have Brock's cake but it will be with his party budget too

Total snacks $22.49 (almost as much as dinner more if you count all of the fruit!)
 


Before I get complaints about my kids not getting fruits and vegetables they of course get them.  I simply will not be filling them in every week.  This is how I do this, I have $15-$20 a week that I spend on fruit and veggies.  I spread it out over the week but I like to give them choices.  Once I get the fruit on Monday I will write out what we got at how much, but I will go back later in the week for more too.

Total for meals/snacks/fruits = $112.49 this is probably a little high I will get better on getting them exact as we go.  Remember this is 6 people so yours might vary but it possible to feed a family of 6 for around $100 every week and still get a lot of fruits and veggies.  I will write a list of what all I can get with $15 when I shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment