Friday, April 8, 2011

Quick Walmart trip for price matching

We get an ad for a smaller chain store somewhere around here called Food Town, I am not even sure where it is.  They had the Jiffy Muffin mix and Pizza Crust Mixes on sale 4/$1 this week, we love to use these to make our pancakes for Sunday morning but they keep going up and up.  I knew I had to try and price match these at Walmart since we use them alot.  Also this week at Walgreens the On The Go Color Wonders were $1.50 each so I wanted to price match these too since Walgreens was sold out.  There are a few none grocery items in here because of that and we are camping this weekend so I needed bug spray.
Nesquick $6.48 (there are coupons for these but I didn't have one)
2 cans black beans $.58 = 1.16
Butter $2.58
Tempetations Jello $2.50 - $2.50(free coupon from Kraft first taste) = Free
Penne Alfredo noodle $1.66 Kenzie really wanted them and I gave in
Repel Bug Spray $3.48
2 Flashlights with batteries $3 (I know they are probably junk but my kids and flashlights don't go together so since an expensive one would be broken just as fast I didn't care.)
20 Jiffy Mixes $.58 = $11.60 - the price match = $5
4 Color Wonders $5 = $20- the price match = $6 - (4 $1/1 coupons from last weeks paper) =$2 for 4!!!!!
Simalic Formula $3.84 - $5 coupon = -$1.16
Tube of mini m&ms for the girls =$1
(bought this to bring down my total out of pocket)

Total for all of that was $25.98
For the month 292.01 -25.98 = $266.03


Also this past week I ran to Walgreens fast to pick up almost free Snickers eggs for Easter.  They were $.29 and there was a $2/2 coupon.  Walgreens doesn't allow overage but it can apply to other things in your order.  So I picked up 7 eggs used the coupon and spent 7cents!!!  I did that twice and once I had $1/1 so I just got  4.
Total 18 Snicker eggs it was 22 cents.

Also CVS had M&M filled eggs for $.99 so I used 2 more $2/2 to get 4 of those for my kids too.
Total 4 M&M eggs = Free 

Total left $266.01-.22= $ 265.79

No comments:

Post a Comment